The Mission Statement
The mission of Carlsbad Wave FC is to ignite a passion for soccer in our players, by fostering an environment of total player development, building character, confidence and self-esteem. Carlsbad Wave FC is committed to teaching values of sportsmanship, teamwork and respect through a positive learning environment.
Our vision is to be recognized as a leader in total player development in Southern California, by helping our players fulfill their potential, and take their game to the next level. We are committed to strengthening and growing our club through our programs, staff and facilities.
Carlsbad Wave FC believes in a player-first philosophy, where individual player development is the foundation upon which individual teams and the club are built. We value player development over winning, and we are not a “win-at-all-costs” club. We believe that winning is a by-product of quality player development, and naturally we will produce winning teams as a result of our player development focus.
We rely on our progressive player development curriculum to standardize learning throughout the club, and set age-specific standards / expectations for our players. It is important to us that our teams play an attractive possession-based style of soccer with small-sided games and Dutch methodology forming a big part of our training methods. These Dutch influences are attributed to the rise and development of Spanish soccer and in particular FC Barcelona. Our coaches encourage our players to be creative, express themselves, and solve problems.
- To achieve technical excellence in all of our soccer programs.
- To produce well-rounded individuals who enhance the community of Carlsbad through showing the morals of sportsmanship, teamwork and respect.
- To provide consistent, high quality, age-appropriate soccer education.
- To offer a comprehensive player development pathway, from 4 years old, through placement into College soccer programs.
Competitive Program Goals:
- To provide a professional environment for players to learn, train and compete.
- To produce players and teams competing at the highest level at the State and Regional levels.
- To hire enthusiastic, knowledgeable coaches who are committed to the Wave philosophy.
- To teach and display an attractive style of soccer.
Recreational Program Goals:
- To provide a fun, positive and safe learning environment to our players.
- To balance teams to the best of our ability.
- To provide great value to our members.
The club staff is responsible for the day to day running of the club.
- Steve Cowell, Director of Coaching
- Brad Green Asst. Director Of Coaching
- Jodi Johnson, Registrar / Administrator
The Board of Directors
The members of the Board are elected periodically and are responsible for the management of the Carlsbad Wave FC. The members of the Board are volunteers and serve their terms for one, two or three years. Our current list of board members can be viewed here.
The recreational program as well as critical support positions for the entire Club are filled by our tireless volunteers. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in getting involved.